As it is currently mud season, it is recommended to wear wellies.
Learn bush craft skills like making fire in the forest school and enjoy delicious treats cooked on the Camp fire.
Rutland Ducklings is our weekly group for 1 to 5 year olds, which offers toddlers and pre-school children the chance to learn new outdoor education skills including meeting and working with the animals on the farm.
During our weekly sessions, over the course of the four seasons, we will look at:
- Exploring our woodland and making dens
- Feeding and caring for farm animals and small animals
- Bottle feeding Lambs (when available)
- Creating Outdoor Art
- Getting messy and creative in the ‘mud kitchen’
- Planting and cultivating crops
- Climbing trees
- Exploring water through pond-dipping
- Learning about insects, animals, plants and trees through investigation
- Learning about the natural environment and how their actions impact upon it
We meet each week during term times and have an outdoor session whatever the weather, so expect to get wet and muddy!
Each block will have a slightly different theme depending on the season and what’s happening in the life cycle of the farm and our forest area.